Thursday, May 10, 2018

TGIFF - Crossing Paths Quilt

Hello and welcome to TGIFF!  I always love when my turn to host comes around, so I can connect with all of you. <3


I have a fun quilt finish to share with you today.  I started and completed this top at the beginning of the year, but then I got busy with custom orders and didn't get a chance to pick it back up until last week.  I just love how it came out.




It's been years since I've done any strip-piecing, so this was really fun to make.  In fact, I bought another jelly roll to make a version with pink in it!

I recently completed Angela Walters Free-Motion Quilting Challenge, and I really wanted to try the continuous curves pattern over an entire quilt.  With all the little squares on this, I knew it was the perfect fit.




My curves are FAR from perfect, but the nature of the design makes it soooo forgiving.  You just don't see all the mistakes in the overall pattern.


I think the back is just as pretty as the front, even though I only used an off-white solid.


Of course, I had to take just a couple more "artistic" photos!


Here are all the posts about this quilt if you want to see some of the process:

Piecing and Top
Starting the quilting
Livestream on how I did the quilting


Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see all the pretty things you've finished!  Link up to your finished project below, then please link back here and put the TGIFF button in your post or on your blog!  Be sure to share the love, by visiting the other links and leaving comments.  Everyone loves getting comments. <3



12 comments:

  1. gorgeous colours and fab finish, thanks for hosting #TGIFF :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt Summer! I wish I'd had time to fit in the Angela challenge because she is my hero, and I've got all her Craftsy classes and most of her books, but I could not do this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! It feels very 'picnic in the park'...if that makes sense! I think you did a fantastic job on the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all those continuous curves!!! Great job! And I love the colors and fabrics in your quilt. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is nothing but fun. It gave me a big smile when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its a great quilt - and a perfect on to practice the CCs on

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilt and quilting turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a pretty quilt and I love the fabric choices, especially the buffalo. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilting is great. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! The quilt is wonderful and your quilting is great! Patchwork is my favorite - every time. I love the simplicity and the tradition of it. Thanks for sharing and for hosting TGIFF! Have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting TGIFF. Your quilt is beautiful. It feels patriotic with a twist. The quilting looks awesome. Any idea how long the quilting took you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Details! Details! I want details! How big is this quilt? And what pattern is this? Is this? I must have missed on the QAL it is from. I have been looking for a jelly roll quilt and I do love the looks of this one. You are so right about the quilting. Regardless of how many mistakes or bobbles might be hidden in there, it's the overall effect that we see and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete