Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pumpkin Pot Holders

Oh, the leaves are just starting to turn, here in Southern Indiana, and we've had slightly cooler weather, so all the fall "feels" are going on.  We've been doing special autumn worksheets during school time, and I have some fallish school crafts in the works...and I can't believe it didn't even cross my mind until yesterday...that I could make pumpkin pot holders!

So, I grabbed my graph paper and pulled out all my orange scraps...and these happened.  <3

While I had the small patchwork pumpkin in mind at first, I made the striped pot holder first.


One pieced, I did a stitch-in-the-ditch around the pumpkin and stem to make it puffy, the stippled around the outside.





The patchwork was so fun.  They are 1" finished squares.  Anyone else have a special something for little squares?  I LOVE little squares. <3


I quilted it the same as the other, because I loved the effect so much.

They both finished at approximately 8" square and can be found here:

Striped Pumpkin Pot Holder
Patchwork Pumpkin Pot Holder



Now...I need stock up on a few more for my upcoming craft bazaars!  I have some maple leaf patterns on the back burner too, AND a new tutorial. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Have a great day!

~Summer



I'm linking up today with Let's Bee SocialMidweek Makers, and Finish It Up Friday!

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

Confessions Of A Fabric Addict

3 comments:

  1. Those are sooo cute! Love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pumpkin potholders. Today feels like fall but it's been pretty summer like where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! They are wonderfully fall and colorful. I love little squares too. I made a house quilt with star blocks made from teeny itsy squares. Great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete