Thursday, February 2, 2017

TGIFF - Finished Custom Baby Sets

Hello, hello, and welcome to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday!!  I'm thrilled to be your host this week and share a darling finish for a custom order.


My sweet customer has a precious grandbaby who is so tiny and sweet. so the first part of the order was to make him 2 receiving blankets.  His mama loves turtles, so we were excited to find this fun blue and green print.  For the second blanket, we used this darling elephant print that says, "I love my mommy"...how cute is that?!


Now the second portion of the order was my favorite.  There are twin baby boys on the way to their family!  Have you sewn for twins?  It is so fun!  We wanted "the same but different", so it was a bit of a challenge at first, finding those right fabrics, but we picked a winning combo, I think!


I started with these fun teal and grey fabrics, piecing each bib, then reversing the fabric placement.  (The same but different!)  I LOVE how they turned out!

Next, I took each print and made a matching burp cloth.  The burp cloths are my own design.  They are made to perfectly hug the neck, while providing a nice, wide bib on the front and back of your shoulder. <3


Each little guy will then have his own receiving blanket that coordinates with the set.  It says, "you so loved".  <3




I cannot wait to see the little guys in their bibs!

Now it's your turn!  What have you been making?  Link up below and don't forget to check out your fellow bloggers and leave some comment love!





10 comments:

  1. Oh, last time I made these was 3 years ago before my Grandson was born, such cute makes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so adorable! I love that text fabric. Thanks for hosting TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those adorable little kits!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great little bib setts. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute!! Thank you so much for hosting!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute. The baby's mother will love them!
    I can't make the linky work, btw. I see a message saying 'This InLinkz widget is not allowed in this website. You can still view the linkup here' but when I click 'here' I come back here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've definitely sewn for twins! I have 2 year old boy-girl twins. We're very into "the same, but different" around here! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting TGIFF. Those bibs and blankets are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Adorable and versatile, these Baby Sets
    are the perfect way to keep your little one comfy and stylish. With a mix of cute designs and soft fabrics,

    ReplyDelete