Thursday, October 13, 2016

Botanics Colorwave Quilt - A Finished Project

Hello again!  I want to share another finished quilt with you today!  Over the last several weeks, I've been on a piecing streak and have several quilt tops I'll be finishing as quickly as I can.  I have signed up for a craft bazaar at the beginning of November, so I want to get as much done for that as possible.  So, even though it may look like I'm popping these quilts out...I've been working on these for months now.  I'm just going to finish them at once.  ^_^


The first was so fun to make.  I used 2 charm packs: Botanics by Carolyn Friedlander and Bella Solids Black.  Half-square triangles have such potential, and it was really fun to explore all the options with this gorgeous fabric.




I finally decided to lay out the blocks by color to make a striking design that draws the eye across the quilt.  I'm thrilled with the result.


I quilted along the vertical and diagonal seams with straight lines.  It was a fun change, since I usually free-motion everything.  I may do some more straight-line quilting on another quilt soon.


 I found this darling black with arrows and grey plaid to finish it off.

The finished quilt is 33" x 41"...a nice size for a crib, playmat, or even cuddling a sweet baby.  Honestly, this one would be awesome on the wall too.

I've listed it on Etsy here: Modern Baby Quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment