I've been holding onto this Rolie Polie of High Adventure by Design by Dani for Riley Blake for over a year, waiting for the perfect pattern or inspiration to come across my path. Well, Missouri Star did it! I saw the Crossing Paths tutorial and fell in love.
It's been years since I've done strip piecing, but the blocks were so easy to make.
Here they are laid out on my sewing room floor.
Now, up to this point, the quilt was smooth sailing. However, once the rows were sewn together...I started running into to trouble. I inadvertently turn blocks around. I sewed rows together on the wrong side. At one point, in one row, I had the two center blocks rotated the wrong way but the rest of the row was right. I haven't used a seam ripper so much on a project in a long time!
I didn't give up on it and finally...this happened!
I considered putting a navy border on it with little 4-path corners, but I really like the edge to edge design on this one. I think I'll save the navy for the binding instead.
I haven't decided how I'll quilt it yet. I really don't like doing straight-line quilting, but I think maybe diagonals would be pretty. We'll see. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great one!